Long recognized for the production of specialized vehicles for use by highway departments, utility companies, construction firms, and the oil industry, The Four Wheel Drive Auto Company also established an enviable reputation for the manufacture of fire apparatus. Manufacturers of four-wheel-drive vehicles since 1910, FWD built its first fire truck in 1914, continuing production into the 1970s. All of the vehicles produced by FWD relied on the design principles first developed in 1907 and patented in 1908. Combining high quality black and white photos with in-depth captions, this book presents an in-depth history of FWD’s fire trucks up to the time FWD acquired Seagrave. Includes many never before published photographs from the FWD/Seagrave Fire Apparatus, LLC Archives.